Deborah J. Rivosa
Chief Compliance Officer;
Director, Business Development
Deborah joined Lassus Wherley in January, 2008 as Director, Business Development, responsible for managing the firm's marketing practices, procedures and plans. In addition, Deborah is the Chief Compliance Officer with regulatory and compliance responsibilities. She manages special projects.
Licenses, Degrees and Designations
- Chartered Financial Analyst-Association for Investment Management and Research (1991)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification-CFP® Board of Standards (1988)
- Master of Business Administration, University of Connecticut (1984)
- Bachelor of Arts, Connecticut College, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa (1977)
- Associate of Arts, Hartford College for Women (1975)
- Program for Management Development, Harvard University (1987)
From 2001 to 2006 Deborah served as Managing Director and Senior Vice President in Evergreen Private Asset Management at Wachovia Bank in Summit, NJ (Acquired First Union National Bank). She served as chief investment officer and senior business manager responsible for delivery of premier consultative investment management services within the Atlantic region. Deborah directed a staff of 27 investment professionals with $4.1 billion in assets under management.
From 1996-2001 Deborah served as Managing Director and Senior Vice President in First Investment Advisors at First Union National Bank in Summit, NJ (Acquired First Fidelity Bank). She served as chief investment officer and senior business manager responsible for delivery of premier consultative investment management services in the Atlantic and Pennsylvania/Delaware regions. Deborah directed a staff of 72 investment professionals with $24.8 billion assets under management.
From 1994-1996 Deborah served as Senior Vice President - Director of Personal Trust Investments at First Fidelity Bank in Newark, NJ. She served as senior business manager responsible for delivery of investment management services in the First Fidelity footprint of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Connecticut. Deborah directed a staff of 33 portfolio managers with $10 billion in assets under management.
From 1977-1994 Deborah held various investment, trust and private banking positions at Fleet Bank and its predecessor banks in Connecticut.
- One of New Jersey's 2012 Best 50 Women in Business by NJBIZ
- Tribute to Women and INdustry (TWIN) Award- YWCA Bergen County, 2004
- Marcia A. Savage Outstanding Alumnae Award- Hartford College for Women, 2002
- Among most outstanding graduates of women's colleges in the country, 1990
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) Associate
- Financial Planning Association
- Financial Planning Association of New Jersey
- CFA Institute
- Hartford Society of Financial Analysts
- Board of Directors, Women’s Fund of New Jersey (2000-2006)
- Board of Trustees, State of New Jersey Teacher’s Pension and Annuity Fund (1996-2005)
- Past President, New Jersey’s Banker’s Association Trust and Financial Management Division
- Board of Trustees, Hartford College for Women (now affiliated with the University of Hartford)